The new Gin Explorer is the companies entry into the top end ENb category for cross country pilots that want above all else a comfortable glider with plenty of performance. With its light precise controls, the wing is accurate to fly in the little thermal bubbles that we sometimes have to use. The Gin Explorer is also designed to go fast when the need arises on the gliding transitions between lift and is comfortable at speed. Like a lot of new designs, the Explorer is a semi-lightweight hybrid glider and impressively under 4kg for the medium size. A flexible weight range offers the pilot the opportunity to fly the glider with the wing loading they desire. The Gin Explorer has also been certified with a cocoon harness which is not the case for all manufacturers.
- Optimized airfoil with Equalized Pressure Technology (EPT) for stability and performance
- Unsheathed aramid lines with optimized diameters
- 3 risers / 3 lines spanwise
- Colour-coded stabilo line for easy identification
- Optimized internal construction and line attachment points to maintain even sail tension
- Mini-ribs on the trailing edge improve handling and performance
- Speed system with Harken pulleys
- Gathering (reefing) system on the trailing edge
- Top surface: Porcher Skytex 32 / 27
- Bottom surface: Porcher Skytex 27
- Ribs: Porcher Skytex 27
Summary: Another worthy entry into paragliding’s most competitive class.
Here you will find product reviews from pilots and professionals in the sport.